HELP!!

triplettomy

In Runtime
Trying to reset a computer on Windows 7, Want to reset it back to factory settings. Won't let me. HP tech support is all to happy to help me. JK wants to charge me $60

I am doing it that I go into Library --> then the drive and highlight all items and click delete.
It works for a little bit but then gets stuck and freezes but doesn't delete anything !

Absolutely normal, where You have learned such a method? You cannot never delete files or folder which are in use, which are read only, if You don't have permission, etc.
Open google.com and search for "Wipe Drive", "Wipe Partition", "Kill Partition" etc.
But I'm not sure, that You should wipe or kill something. Usually is enough if You format this drive or partition. I recomend to use deep format, but if You don't know, how to do, even Quick Format helps.
And then re-install os and programs. If it is done, You can use CCleaner or Glary Utilities and wipe free space, if You have HDD drive. If You have SSD drive, even this is not needed, simply run Trim Drive.

If you wiped your drive you need to reinstall the operating system, using a Windows disk (or any other format you have it in). But if it started with a new operating system already on, i'm confused - what has it loaded with?

It had Windows 7 on it… I'm just wondering how I install the operating system again… Do I have to put it on a flash drive and boot it from the flash drive to install?

Since it's HP, depending on how you formatted your drive....you should have a recovery partition that you can boot to. That will install all the necessary drivers and such, and get you back to how it was when it came from the store.

Back
Top Bottom