TV Tuner Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

apdrummer

In Runtime
My little bro wants an Xbox 360 (he doesn't realize that a computer can eat a 360 for breakfast). He wanted to be able to play the xbox on his computer monitor so he bought th TV tuner below. Is there any free/cheap software that can display the "TV" since he doesn't have win xp media center? he doesn't want to record the video he just wants to play his 360. The CD only came with drivers and the "recording" software that was included which didn't display the game when he started it up.

Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE PCI Interface 1042 Tuner Card - Retail

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this is a newbie question.

Dude with a tv tuner, in my experience it has caused a type of lag... But that card is a bit better then the one I had. I tried it with my ps2.. Had it on the computer monitor, sure it worked but it would take 2 or 3 seconds before it would respond to my controls, because the signal had to be processed by my tv tuner card then sent to the monitor...

You can try it with the tuner... but you might have the same issue as me...

Does his screen have a DVI input??? if so I probably would have went for something like this.. Im not sure how well thise work..

DVItoHDTV_large.jpg

Wow thats crazy. The composite plugs are red, blue, and green, not the typical red, white, and yellow... hmmm...
anyway, that does make sense, that there would be a delay. where did you find that converter? and yes he does have DVI.
Thanks for the help. and I'm glad I could provide amusement... I think.

Like I said the lag thing might have just been because of my card... if you can find the software let me know how well it plays... because I'd love to play some gears of war on my screen... and record some matches..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom