Stress Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett_UK

Beta member
Hi All
Hope youre all well.

Wonder if you can help me - I am trying to find out about stress tests and whether a CPU and motherboard can handle various tests. I am useless with computers so any techies out there that could help would be marvellous.

The system is a Pentium 4 3.4Ghz Extreme CPU
Motherboard is a ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
DVD Drive is 2.4x +R Dual Layer/8x +R / 8x -R DVD Writer + 40x CD-RW ( What does all this mean ???)
RAM - 1Gig
HardDrive 80 gig
Graphics Card 256mb GEForce FX5700LE 8x AGP+DVI+TV-OUT
RAID

Tests :

1) If I run the DVD player open Windowns Media and watch a film but at the same time print a large graphics file will I see worse performance ?
2) Concurrently streaming video while writing to DVD and manipulating large quantities of data in clipboard ? Will this syetm handle that ok ?
3) Also writing to CD-RW while reading from DVD - will I get good performance? I have a seperate CD/RW drive in this PC aswell 52x32x52

If the PC failed whilst I was working on multimedia - does the operating system know how to recover data ?

Any help very greatly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

;)

With that spec, you should not see much deteriation in performance. You can run a DVD on a 300MHZ, and print big files with any PC, just depends on how long it takes. It might take 2 seconds longer....

Again should do, it will stream the video fine, and will also write a DVD fine, but the manipulating data willt take a bit longer, bcause the processor is not just doing one thing.

Will write to a CD fine, and read from a DVD fine, but if it is across the same IDE cable, then it will slow the reaing/writting down. (becuase data is traveling from both devices on one cable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom