Motherboard for AMD 2600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJason

In Runtime
Hi what motherboard do you recommend for a AMD's Athlon XP ™ 2600+ (1917Mhz) 266Mhz FSB (Thoroughbred) processor. Also if i get this AMD's Athlon XP ™ 2800+ (2083Mhz) 333Mhz FSB (Barton) will there be a big preframance boost over the 2600+. I have a $90 limit

I have the asus A7N8X Deluxe and its an awesome motherboard, athough it is around 115 which seems to be a tad over your limit. One thing about this mobo is it will give you room to upgrade with the 400mhz fsb support. If you want something that will last i would spend the extra 25 dollars and get this one. If you are never looking to upgrade from the 333 mhz then you can just get the standard A7N8X motherboard which will only run you around 85 dollars and will still have the same great asus quality. I have also heard some great things about Abit motherboards if you are looking to overclock, you might want to check them out. If I can recommend anything it would be to do a search on newegg.com for prices, and read some reviews. I would go with an asus or an abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom