PSU upgrade

iCobble

Baseband Member
PSU upgrade - EVGA G3 650W vs Seasonic 650W G series

I currently have a 650W OCZ 80+ bronze PSU, looking to replace it. As I understand now, the quality of the PSU is very important, so I'm looking to get a decent one but ideally around £80 if possible.
I'm currently looking at maybe: EVGA 650W G2 or the G3. The price difference is not much, is the G3 worth the extra few pounds?

Specs are:
I5 2500k 3.3ghz
GTX 970
8gb g skill DDR3
OCZ 60gb SSD
Several HDDs
Blu ray drive

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think I'd be looking at the slightly higher end, like you say. The seasonic one looks good but is less available in the UK so would have to pay shipping too from the US I think.
I've got a Sharkoon T9 case which isn't the largest case ever, so perhaps the G3.

The link I posted is a U.K. Newegg link
Seasonic makes power supply's for companies like EVGA, you get get much better than a Seasonic PSU

It is but unfortunately it ships from the US, so there's another £23 shipping charge. Alternatively on amazon it's around £120.
I didn't know that, is Seasonic generally considered better than EVGA, or similar?

Edit: I've found this, similar price to the EVGA - 650W Seasonic G series.
What's tempting me with the EVGA is the 7 year warranty.

Last edited:
You are correct, I thought that by now NE would have something in the U.K.
Better or worse is a matter of opinion maybe.... I haven't compared with any reviews. Maybe someone else can say
Personally I think Seasonic's are the top of the line for power supply's

Ok so basically now I'm just deciding between the Seasonic G Series 650W and EVGA 650W G3. The EVGA is smaller, cheaper by a few pounds, and it comes with another +2 years on the warranty, so I'm swaying towards that. Both are very highly rated in reviews.

EDIT: Gone with the EVGA G3, free + next day delivery too. Thanks Joe C for all the help.

Last edited:
Grab the G3. I was die hard on those Seasonic PSUs because they were awesome and cheap but the platform is aging compared to Super Flower's newer stuff being put out for these G2 and G3s.

Back
Top Bottom