Motherboard/CPU Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranathis

Beta member
Hi everyone. I recently bought a eMachines T6535 just before Christmas, and I'm looking to upgrade the CPU in it.

Here is a link to some detailed specs of the PC that I bought.

Link to it is here.

Now, I'm trying to upgrade the 3700+ AMD Athlon CPU that is in there currently. I'm just wondering what I'll need to look for in order to find a CPU that will work with the motherboard that's currently in there.

I've been browsing a local website in town here.

CPU's availible.

If anyone could help me out and pick out a CPU that is better, and would work with my current motherboard. If theres anything else that i'll need to look into, please say something about it.

(On a side note, I've upgrade too 2gb RAM already. Not too sure if that is important at all.)

Anyway, I would like to thank you in advance, and look forward to hearing some assistance.

well.. the only single-core CPU better then the one you already have is the 4000+, but the 3700+ can easily be overclocked to match its specs (mine is). Only other thing would be to go dual-core, which is you wanted to do that, you probably wouldn't have bought an emachine.

If I were to buy a new motherboard, CPU and Power supply, what would you suggest from that tweakers.ca website that I posted. I'm looking to upgrade to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom