SIdeload instagram to my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.

franzy

Beta member
i've beena blackberry user for about 7 years now, but this week, my company has put a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini in my hands. Unfortunately they have blocked the option access google play on the device.... i really want to get my instagram account back online on my device. I've been told that i should be able to sideload the native APK file of the app. I found this one: instagram Android APK . How will i be able to upload it to my device? do i need to save it to the memory card and install an app first? or can i run this app immediately? Any risk in doing so? Thanks for helping a concerned new android user who desperately wants to get his instagram back online lOL :lol:

i've beena blackberry user for about 7 years now, but this week, my company has put a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini in my hands. Unfortunately they have blocked the option access google play on the device.... i really want to get my instagram account back online on my device. I've been told that i should be able to sideload the native APK file of the app. I found this one: instagram Android APK . How will i be able to upload it to my device? do i need to save it to the memory card and install an app first? or can i run this app immediately? Any risk in doing so? Thanks for helping a concerned new android user who desperately wants to get his instagram back online lOL :lol:

Be careful where you get 3rd party APK's from.

Anyway...to enable sideloading, you need to go into Settings -> Security -> Check the box next to "Unknown sources" to be able to sideload.

If you have a file browser on your phone, then do this:
Then either copy the APK you downloaded onto a memory card or hook up your phone via USB, and copy it over that way. Then open up your file browser app and navigate to the folder it's saved at...tap it...install it.

If not, then you'll either need to use ADB or use a side-loading utility:
Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

Back
Top Bottom