Touch screen bubbles.

Now that does look cool. would love to get one for my Note. Only issue I can see for Android devices, what if the user changes the keyboard? I use Thumb Keyboard most of the time now on my Note. I wonder if it could accomodate all the different keys and that on such a keyboard. Since there is a way to change size of that one, both horizontal and landscape.

This actually looks pretty cool but it makes you wonder things like KSoD said, Will the buttons be in static positions or will they change at some point? It's possible that they could just cover the screen in a matrix of pads and then sense which keyboard you are using.

I'm curious as to what the bubbles are filled with and how they deform like that. If it was a gel layer then there would be a limit as to how many buttons you could have on the screen at once since the film would run out of gel or liquid. Could be just air though.

Found a video that gives you some more information on it.
Only thing that I can think of that kind of sucks is that with limited fluid there will be limited buttons on the screen. Which means no full sized keyboard on tablets most likely. Maybe they will just ad reservoirs into the devices to hold enough fluid for larger displays.

Tactus Technology's Morphing Touchscreen Display - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom