best tv box?

add in gbox, chromecast, and appletv here

stay away from googletv. my parent had it and ended up dropping it.

currently, im using the stick linked below. its slightly slower than a laptop, but faster and less quirky than a MK802 and UG802 (i tried both). I see myself keeping with this newer quad core stick for awhile.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/product-315403/

i would be interested in trying a roku. my buddy tells me that youtube banned its use on roku tho which I wouldn't like.

heres a link for gbox

edit - whoops wrong link for gbox here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-Android-Streaming-Player/dp/B009BWC3J4

Last edited:
Chromecast and AppeTV are really all you need. Between the two, I haven't found anything I can't do yet.

It's nice because the Chromecast is hidden on the back of my receiver and my AppleTV is prominently displayed like a piece of artwork and nobody has to know I own a piece of Google hardware.

Last edited:
It's nice because the Chromecast is hidden on the back of my receiver and my AppleTV is prominently displayed like a piece of artwork and nobody has to know I own a piece of Google hardware.

You got it backwards! :p

But yes, +1 to Chromecast as well. Awesome little device.

Don't mean to hijack your thread...but our old crt tv finally puked and I've decided to go with an led tv. I've been doing some research and it seems that a smart tv is the way to go. From the multitude of reviews I've seen, it looks like the Panasonic or Samsung tv's are the best out there.
Of course the Samsung 9X series is the latest and greatest but your looking at 3K for that. My budget would fall in the 7X series type of tv. what are your opinions of that type of LED? tv

You're an idiot if you buy a "Smart" tv.

Just buy a plain TV with the highest resolution and largest screen you can afford and buy a $35 ChromeCast. Boom. Done.

I like Dual Core Android 4 2 Smart TV Box Pro Media Player 1080p WiFi HDM XBMC more then any other. I think Android is giving the new height of his technology. It comes with Rockchip RK3066 dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of storage. The best part is the chunky USB drive. It is a tiny computer running inside. You can plug into your TV and you can run Android apps on the big screen.

Back
Top Bottom