My Spyware/Malware/Virus Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm current;y making a program to remove Spyware/Malware/Viruses, etc. Using Visual Studio 2005 SE. What I would like to know from the community is what you would like to see in a Spyware/Malware/Virus Program.

As of right now I have a HUGE database of known files from the simplest form of spyware up to rootkits. I made a batch file that removes all these files with switches, cmds, etc etc etc. I just need something more powerful and VS is the answer.

What I'd like it to do is EVERYTHING, removal of Spyware/Malware/Viruses, dlls, files, directories, reg entries, etc. The thing I hate it downloading mulitple programs for several different types of spyware/malware, etc.

I'm making it simple so that even the typical computer user can use without difficulty, no confusing instructions, etc, just simple.

So right now the program does this:

tskills all non-essential running programs on the system including explorer

regsvr32 /u all known .dll entries.

Del certain files

Del .*/f /a /s /q a certain file name

Restarts explorer

Thats just basic stuff. It works so far but just takes a while. Hopefuly with VS it will be faster.

Any ideas?

I'll write what the new program does as I build it.:D

Make it ALMOST completely automated, or at least give an option for advanced users. I keep my cookies, so it would tick me off if it erased them, as an example.

A good one-shot solution (not put out by a certain monopolistic company) would be a good thing in my eyes. Keep me updated!!! ;)

Yeah, allow you to omit some things if you don't want them deleted (like Trotter said with cookies, because I do that with my History/cookies).

open source virus database?

Obviously you need some restriction. But allowing people to submit/report malware that you might not have picked up yet would be helpful:)

That's my two cents

Looking forward to using it! lol, that way if my computer gets infected, I know who to come to :p

Good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom