Malware/spyware question

pat_ai2009

In Runtime
My girlfriend recently was on my computer and downloaded something and it came with tons of goodies.. Took me awhile but I finally got most if not all of the malware/spyware/trojans off.. But now I'm getting an error saying there's no space left in my HD.. Weird cause last night I deleted like 30 gigs of garbage stuff and the next day it says I have zero HD space left.. Any ideas

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439512951727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439512951727.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1439515704671.jpg I meant to attach this photo not the other.. My bad

I'd suggest running some more scans...

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

As for the Disk Space issue, run this and see where all the space is being taken up: WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

A lot of malware, especially Poweliks, is good at creating a ton of temp files. Grab the Symantec Poweliks removal tool and run that, too. Usually is a pretty quick scan and it will leave a text file on your desktop letting you know if it found something or not.

Ok thanks.. I did run a lot of scans.. Malwarebytes spybot Norton anti-virus hitmanpro tdss killer rkill... Hitmanpro seemed like the one that made a difference.. Everything seemed fine I thought I was good.. But like I said 30gigs goes down to zero in like 10 hours... I'll free up another 20or gigs and same thing... Weird hope I can get this fixed.. I'll try what u guys mentioned

Ok thanks.. I did run a lot of scans.. Malwarebytes spybot Norton anti-virus hitmanpro tdss killer rkill... Hitmanpro seemed like the one that made a difference.. Everything seemed fine I thought I was good.. But like I said 30gigs goes down to zero in like 10 hours... I'll free up another 20or gigs and same thing... Weird hope I can get this fixed.. I'll try what u guys mentioned

Run the scans I suggested and post the logs when done and I can look through them to make sure you're clean.

And like I suggested for the space issue, when you're running low on space install/run WinDirStat (from the link I provided) and see where all the space is being taken up.

Also going to HIGHLY suggest ditching Norton and replacing it with a better (and free) antivirus such as Avira: https://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

HJT log looks fine as far as I could tell. Had to look up this entry:
C:\Users\test\AppData\Local\Temp\ocrD0A6.tmp\bin\rubyw.exe

But found it's related to your PIA VPN software.

For those error messages you posted, were they all related to PeerBlock? If so, I'd suggest removing it or at least reinstalling it.

Back
Top Bottom