Browsers excruciatingly slow

Hybrid_1961

Beta member
I hope someone can help me. I have several problems with internet browsers. I have IE 9, Chrome and Firefox. All browser are loading pages extremely slowly. This started about 3 days ago. I have contacted my ISP and they show bandwidth is good, and have run speed test at Speak Easy which shows I am getting more than my allotted speed.

As for checking for problems with viruses and such, I have run Super Anti-Spyware, SpyBot S&D, CCleaner, Malwarebytes and have removed unwanted programs from Control panel. I have also disabled all add-ons from my browsers, defragged my hard drive, run disc cleanup and run a registry editor. Still, all browsers are taking from 30 seconds to several minutes to load a page. I have also rebooted my modem router and my computer several times.

One thing I have noticed is that the problem goes away if I run in Safe Mode.

I also have Yontoo showing up in control panel and it won't remove through uninstall, and finally got rid of the blekko search engine.

I am at a loss to why I have such slow connectivity and am actively searching for more anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, trojan removers. However nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System: HP Compaq dc7700p
2 gigs ram
Vista Home Premium
32 bit
1.87 GHz

FYI: everything else on my computer is opening quickly and I have not noticed any other problems.

You are still infected with something. Run those programs from Safe Mode after updating them and then see if that helps.

You are still infected with something. Run those programs from Safe Mode after updating them and then see if that helps.
Had to change profile name because forgot password and the passwords they sent me to reset my own password kept failing. Any, here is what I have done:

Took your suggestion and ran everything again in
Safe Mode. Came back with the following:

Super Anti-Spyware: 7adware.tracking cookies

SB S&D Burstmedia, casaleMedia, Clickbank,
Doubleclick,Mediaplex, Right Media,
Statcounter, Web Trends Live

Malwarebytes: nothing detected

Avast!: Nothing detected

Also ran an online scanner called ESET and
it found the following:

Win32/hacktool.delf.naa trojan
win32/adware.regGenie application
A variant of win32/1antivirus application
Win32/downloadAdmin.D application
Win32/Toolbar/MyWebSearch.I application
A variant of win32/adware.Yontoo.B application
A variant of Win32/PCcleaners application

Browsers slower than ever now. Can only enter this site in safe mode. Can't figure this problem out. Thanks for your suggestions, though.

Forgot to add: Came home today to find my modem router shut down. Have sneaky suspicion that mediacom is throttling me for some reason, even though speed tests are above speed that I am signed up for. Nothing else makes sense. All other programs on computer are opening and running fine, but browsers are slow as molasses on a cold day.

Just ran TFC by OT (Temp File Cleaner) found at Tom's Hardware. Rebooted and everything good to go! Thanks for everyone's suggestions; hope this never happens again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom