Best Mail Server

MiliA

Beta member
Hello, I'm doing some research about mail servers and would appreciate recommendations.

It needs to:
Be compatible with Windows.
Have strong customizable anti-spam and anti-virus features.
Support mailing lists.

Going by the chart you posted...Exchange is one of the least limited lol.

Really depends on what your server environment is like. Exchange is pretty much one of the de facto standards for corporate email, though.

Windows is a must, though the other OS are a plus that needs to be taken into consideration. Would that cause problems for users who are on mac?

There is a Sure Server mail running right now, but the anti-spam and anti-virus options they provide are very limited. I'm just looking for alternative mail servers.

The Exchange Server itself needs to run on a Windows box. Clients accessing email - doesn't matter what platform they're on. Clients can use whatever platform they want to access their email - whether that's a client like Outlook, Thunderbird, webmail through the browser, etc. It will be accessible on any platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, etc.).

Exchange +1 . when you say limited? what limits have you found on exchange and which version?

Maybe I can help you as I am an Exchange 2010, 2013 and Online(365) Admin, but not a complete expert! lol :cool:

I would say, most companies will use third-party anti virus/spam software, e.g. messagelabs, mailmarshal, websense...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom