Running multiple dedicated serverS from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

awoody201

Beta member
I've been thinking about running a couple dedicated gamming servers from my home and renting them out the the gaming community. I've built many computers in the past so hardware wont be a problem. I was thinking about building 5 or so high end servers just for gaming. I know i am going to need a really fast connection. Will t1 cover it? i mean for all 5 servers. I have never had a real network.. well not more than 2 home computers on cable. I am not sure how to handle the connection aspect of this. in the 'real' world is each server supposed to have its own t1 line? or can i split it 5 ways and still be good? how is it really supposed to be done.
I know that some ISPs do not like when people run dedicated servers, but i also know that chances of them actaully doing anything about it are slim. With t1 providers and other fast connections is this a problem?

I came across this verizon FiOS that is available in my area, it is VERY affordable compared to t1 and up and the speeds look really fast. they advertise 'Up to 30 Mbps/5 Mbps'.

I am looking into this as more of a fun hobby, altho if i could make some money at it, or even just to cover some of the cost that would be great.

I just really need a baseline, something to get going from. any help on ANY of the abouve would be great. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom