Networking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmaddogfreak

In Runtime
My specs are in my sig, I am using the on-board LAN. everything was fine, I got home from work, restarted my computer because i needed to change the outlet it was on, turned it back on, and now niether of my on-board LAN ports work. The device manager says they are fine, they are enabled, but there is no connection to the router. Have tried using different cable, updating driver, using different port on router, nothing. Plug in my printer to the network and the router lights up, so it's not the router, the driver, or the cable.... any ideas?

So, your link lights on the router and the ports dont light up when they are plugged in?

correct, the link lights on the router or the ports on the back of the comp do not light up. I was checking some services, and there were some networking ones that seemed to be disabled, but i can connect wirelessly without a problem. I checked the BIOS, everything seems to be fine... the link lights never light up, so it seems to me like a hardware problem

Seems i have a nasty virus too, a Trojan to be more exact. Called Monder. Hides in the c:\windows\sysWOW64\folder. Kaspersky is cleaning it up and i am running sfc /scannow in the command prompt. Dunno if this is related, but i wouldn't be surprised. Yesterday i noticed that my windows update service had not only been stopped, but had been disabled. Probably to stop windows defender from updating itself to get rid of the file. I will finish scanning and see if that helps, but any other suggestions would be helpful. Also, has anyone had any experience with this Trojan?

Hello,

Please do as follows:

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Post you HiJack This log here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/

There someone can assist you. As a side note moved this to Networking as the title states it is a network issue. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom