Desktop crap speed, other devices are good

bigdog33

In Runtime
Having internet issues with internet. ISP dude came by and he couldn't figure out for some reason. My plan is 8 mbps, my phone and his phone shows 8 mbps while if try use internet on desktop... It CRAWLS slower than a snail... 0.08 mbps! Any help would be great... Also yes tried Ethernet cable same thing.

Tried a different port on the router?

Updated ethernet drivers? Do other wired devices also have this issue, or is it only this 1 system?

Yup tried different ports on router/modem and its dsl. They came last Friday to replace the router. Only the 1 desktop that got horrible speeds. I noticed on phones speed test seems good but when get on internet like facebook, youtube, etc... A lot of buffering going on. I even tried to access no luck at all, tried different user name, pw.... Nothing even tried to leave blank, etc. Plan to call them in about an hr to have them come back and make them stay until solve everything.

It may be a program hogging the network usage. For Windows 10, open the task manager and see the percentage of network being used and then locate which program on the list is taking up the highest percentage and try ending the task.

network shows 0%

Exit: might be worth it to notice... It happened after was with Adobe customer services and we did bomgar *where they help me with navigating my desktop. Was struggling to download/update my Adobe programs... So next day internet on desktop went ****.

Last edited:
See if there's a Bomgar client installed on your system causing issues.

I can't remember if Bomgar puts a client on the end-user's system or not...been a few years since I've used it.

Couldn't find bomgar client anywhere. What can I do next? Along with step by step if possible

Edit: downloading malwaerbytes now. 21.8mb file size and so far it has been about 15 mins at 11.2mb. Ahhhh memeories of dial up days lol

Last edited:
Couldn't find bomgar client anywhere. What can I do next? Along with step by step if possible

Edit: downloading malwaerbytes now. 21.8mb file size and so far it has been about 15 mins at 11.2mb. Ahhhh memeories of dial up days lol

Tip: download malwarebytes on your phone and connect it via usb to your computer and copy and install. (this doesn't work on iphones)

Nice... Never knew that... Well it's scanning now. Taking awhile, been 5 mins and they still checking for updates.

Edit: all done and found nothing *sighs* what's next?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom