CCNA vs Network+ Certifications - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2020, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default CCNA vs Network+ Certifications

I am wondering if one of these certifications is better than the other. I have studied pretty good on the Comptia side and I think I am close to ready to take to the test. I also have been reading a little bit on the CCNA cert. Do these go hand in hand or is one better?

Thanks

Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: CCNA vs Network+ Certifications

Well the CCNA is okay for teaching some fundamentals. But don't think you will be able to get a job right after getting either of these certifications. Also, I got a CCNA back in the day when CIsco was the only game in town and it was actually helpful. But Cisco is not the best name in networking anymore so don;t think it's the end all be all.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
i2D
Monster Techie

Default Re: CCNA vs Network+ Certifications

Ignore what the above said!

CCNA is brilliant for learning enough about switching and routing to get a junior job in IT, but you will want to of worked in IT Support 1st /2nd for a bit too, to prove you understand IT overall as well.

Cisco is still the biggest name in Networking.

I done my CCNA nearly 2 years ago and helped me get my job as an IT Infrastructure engineer.

It is not a easy exam to do by the way, best thing to do is buy cisco kit and/or download cisco packet tracer to help you study.

I'd say look at doing Network+ first or you could do CCENT, which is just 1 of the 2 exams needed for CCNA.