CCNA vs Network+ Certifications

DBrown51

Baseband Member
I am wondering if one of these certifications is better than the other. I have studied pretty good on the Comptia side and I think I am close to ready to take to the test. I also have been reading a little bit on the CCNA cert. Do these go hand in hand or is one better?

Thanks

Well the CCNA is okay for teaching some fundamentals. But don't think you will be able to get a job right after getting either of these certifications. Also, I got a CCNA back in the day when CIsco was the only game in town and it was actually helpful. But Cisco is not the best name in networking anymore so don;t think it's the end all be all.

Ignore what the above said!

CCNA is brilliant for learning enough about switching and routing to get a junior job in IT, but you will want to of worked in IT Support 1st /2nd for a bit too, to prove you understand IT overall as well.

Cisco is still the biggest name in Networking.

I done my CCNA nearly 2 years ago and helped me get my job as an IT Infrastructure engineer.

It is not a easy exam to do by the way, best thing to do is buy cisco kit and/or download cisco packet tracer to help you study.

I'd say look at doing Network+ first or you could do CCENT, which is just 1 of the 2 exams needed for CCNA.

Last edited:
I am wondering if one of these certifications is better than the other. I have studied pretty good on the Comptia side and I think I am close to ready to take to the test. I also have been reading a little bit on the CCNA cert. Do these go hand in hand or is one better?

Thanks

CCNA is the way to go. I was in the same boat but chose CCNA. I think CCNA will prepare you more and you actually do hands on issues, rather than just learning theory. On my linkdin profile i mentioned I was working towards my CCNA and I somehow was contacted by a recruiter, so take it for what you will. It just depends what you want to do. CCNA is one giant test now so...it's a beast. Now they're doing at home testing so...i would get on it. Testing in a familiar setting is enough of a variable to get you a few couple points.

Back
Top Bottom