Pokemon X & Y Nuzlocke Challenge

I think recaps or 10-15 minutes seem best. There was one guy who did a full run on Youtube using a capture card and had a cool layout where it showed his starting 6, badges, etc. He averaged 10-15k viewers on his 44 or 45 videos. Each video was about 15 mins and he didn't stream the times he was grinding levels and such.

I am too lazy to video tape it. I do like the idea of documenting it in some way though since some interesting things tend to happen. I think I might just do like a blogspot blog or something and then just do like a journal of what happens. Maybe like a daily journal. Try not to get too wordy and maybe just do narrative as if I am the trainer in the game.

I think recaps or 10-15 minutes seem best. There was one guy who did a full run on Youtube using a capture card and had a cool layout where it showed his starting 6, badges, etc. He averaged 10-15k viewers on his 44 or 45 videos. Each video was about 15 mins and he didn't stream the times he was grinding levels and such.

I am too lazy to video tape it. I do like the idea of documenting it in some way though since some interesting things tend to happen. I think I might just do like a blogspot blog or something and then just do like a journal of what happens. Maybe like a daily journal. Try not to get too wordy and maybe just do narrative as if I am the trainer in the game.

If you set one up then let me know, I could type up some stuff for my own run to add on there.

If you set one up then let me know, I could type up some stuff for my own run to add on there.

Yeah if you want to run a joint blog that'd be cool. I kind of wish we could play the same .sav file and switch every day. It'd be funny I think with each other complaining about the choices the other made. Especially if a valuable pokemon was lost haha. But, not possible with the 3DS.

I've been kind of thinking about how I'd like the blog to work. Maybe each day I'd make a journal entry in character of the pokemon trainer. Maybe use a photoshop template and stick it at the top of each post showing my starters, their levels, my badges, etc. Maybe look into seeing if its possible to do a blue background on my posts and then if you post have it a red background. What do you think about the in character diary type posts?

Yeah if you want to run a joint blog that'd be cool. I kind of wish we could play the same .sav file and switch every day. It'd be funny I think with each other complaining about the choices the other made. Especially if a valuable pokemon was lost haha. But, not possible with the 3DS.

I've been kind of thinking about how I'd like the blog to work. Maybe each day I'd make a journal entry in character of the pokemon trainer. Maybe use a photoshop template and stick it at the top of each post showing my starters, their levels, my badges, etc. Maybe look into seeing if its possible to do a blue background on my posts and then if you post have it a red background. What do you think about the in character diary type posts?

The shared save file would have been amazing but sadly as you said there's no way of doing this. The only way that we could try and coordinate with one another would be to make a clause where we can't catch the same Pokemon, meaning, for example, if a Weedle and a Caterpie were hypothetically the only two Pokemon available in a given area and you caught a Weedle, I would only be eligible to try and capture the first Caterpie I encounter. It sounds good on paper, but the only downside to that would be that we would have to play in shifts which seems like a lot of extra effort with little to gain.

As far as the in-character posts go, I think it could be amusing if done right, but I have this strange feeling that it could easily come off as both morbid and creepy.

For example: "Well, today I planned on training some more with Klompfu on Route 11 but he was eaten by a little boy's Ekans. Then, after Durgo avenged Klompfu's untimely death, the youngster went on to tell me about how he likes to wear shorts because they're comfy."

The shared save file would have been amazing but sadly as you said there's no way of doing this. The only way that we could try and coordinate with one another would be to make a clause where we can't catch the same Pokemon, meaning, for example, if a Weedle and a Caterpie were hypothetically the only two Pokemon available in a given area and you caught a Weedle, I would only be eligible to try and capture the first Caterpie I encounter. It sounds good on paper, but the only downside to that would be that we would have to play in shifts which seems like a lot of extra effort with little to gain.

As far as the in-character posts go, I think it could be amusing if done right, but I have this strange feeling that it could easily come off as both morbid and creepy.

For example: "Well, today I planned on training some more with Klompfu on Route 11 but he was eaten by a little boy's Ekans. Then, after Durgo avenged Klompfu's untimely death, the youngster went on to tell me about how he likes to wear shorts because they're comfy."

Yeah sounds good on paper but I think it'd be horrible to try to do share it. I don't even want to try it.

Also, maybe its just me, but that sort of diary entry would be pretty funny because it is weird and creepy.

Yeah sounds good on paper but I think it'd be horrible to try to do share it. I don't even want to try it.

Also, maybe its just me, but that sort of diary entry would be pretty funny because it is weird and creepy.

Yeah I guess you're right. I always rememebred the "I like shorts!" kid from the original games, and I know there were plenty of other NPC trainers that said some outright stupid and random things lol.

When are you thinking about starting this?

I'm mainly wanting to do the blog diary idea for myself, knowing that you and a couple others will read it. Yesterday and today I've tried looking at other people's nuzlocke challenges but its really hard. They're all extremely vague, too wordy, or too specific that you need to read their extremely wordy essays to understand. The best ones are done by artists who make comics out of their adventure.

I think my diary will be under 500 characters a day with the occasional story if something interesting happens and then include screenshots maybe.

When are you thinking about starting this?

I'm mainly wanting to do the blog diary idea for myself, knowing that you and a couple others will read it. Yesterday and today I've tried looking at other people's nuzlocke challenges but its really hard. They're all extremely vague, too wordy, or too specific that you need to read their extremely wordy essays to understand. The best ones are done by artists who make comics out of their adventure.

I think my diary will be under 500 characters a day with the occasional story if something interesting happens and then include screenshots maybe.

500 words sounds reasonable, give or take depending on amount of time sunk into a given session. Also, if it's an in-character diary then entries shouldn't be too long or wordy anyway.

A comic strip would be a good idea, but I would probably go the route of adding some images where appropriate if the journal approach is being taken, maybe something along the lines of the battle screen with the battling pokemon, names, level, gender, etc, photoshopped in place of whatever is already in the picture.

500 words sounds reasonable, give or take depending on amount of time sunk into a given session. Also, if it's an in-character diary then entries shouldn't be too long or wordy anyway.

A comic strip would be a good idea, but I would probably go the route of adding some images where appropriate if the journal approach is being taken, maybe something along the lines of the battle screen with the battling pokemon, names, level, gender, etc, photoshopped in place of whatever is already in the picture.

Yeah bulbapedia website has stock images and I think the pokemon font can be found easily.

Nice, I'll probably use that then. I was hoping to start the Nuzlocke run over the weekend when I have a little more free time, or really I guess whenever the blog is set up.

Back
Top Bottom