FPS using joystick or game pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimk1309

Beta member
I have my hands on a keyboard and a mouse all day. When I come home and want to play a game I want to use either my force feedback joystick or my rumble game pad. I have tried several demos and the games don't support either device.
I am looking for a good shooter game in the Windows XP platform that will allow me to use my stick or pad.
Any suggustions??
Thanks.
>>>JIM<<<

logitech makes a good controller (looks just like a ps2 controller) and its only about $30, now as for games, im not sure what games support it, you might check some flight games or something, i personally prefer a kybd and mouse, even though i work at a help desk and sit with one all day everyday too, just has more control, and its what keeps the PC from being just another gaming console, but thats just my opinion

Make sure the drivers for both devices are updated and any sofware for them is installed/running when you try to set the inputs for your games.

For my mouse (MX700) I needed a specific software in order to get games to recognize my extra buttons.

The only games I play that use either of those two are:

Madden 2004 (rumblepad will work here)
MS Flight Sim 2004 (FF joystick will work here)
BF1942 (FF joystick works here)
Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City (rumblepad works here)

Was there a certain genre you were looking for?

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I do appreciate them. What I am looking for is something that will work with my devices, run in Windows Xp, and allow a lot of shooting like the orginal Doom or Decent.
Thanks.
>>>JIM<<<

Gamepad

The BEST gamepad out there is the Saitek 2500 Rumble gamepad!!!!

It is TOTALLY programable with up to 30 different combinations!!!

About $30 at Wal-Mart.:D

Force-Feedback technologies are RARELY included in demos. You have to actually buy the game to use FF technology.

UT, UT2k3, UT2k4, XMP, UT2 - all support FF technology
Half-Life will, too.

Just for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom