ALL F@H Ver. not connecting too assignment servers.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
in which makes me believe their is a problem with my Set up.

I have tried Ver.7, Ver, 6.23, Web Ver. & portable Ver. to no avail. I'm curious if their could be a conflict on the Network of the two towers I have hear at home with regards too running the Same OS, Build, all versions of F@H & it coming from my IP Address, as being shared threw the same Ethernet Router and Broadband Modem.

Can anyone help.

I've posted on the Folding Forums also but after tring Ver.6.23 I'm still having trouble.

Last edited:
There was just a Hurricane, so depending on where you are, it might be affecting you.

Due to it being stupidily hot, I've had to shut down this week, so I'm not able to see if I caqn or not.

Try putting the server address into a web browser and see if it connects.

I've connected too the Server with no problem threw my browser and I've checked my Firewall settings and everything is OK with that. I've downloaded Ver.7 and tried Ver.6.23 too no avail. I think it could have something too do with the fact I'm running a second PC threw an Ethernet router and or my Modem. I'm using a broadband connection so its not dial up. I have no idea tbh. That just what I think.

I'm busy downloading Linux Mint, I'm going too try running Ver.7 from another OS. See if its my Set Up with regards too XP I'm running being an Embedded System. I'm not sure how it will turn out as I was going too Install Linux Mint on a USB Stick. and Boot from it after disabling the Hard drives on the Tower.

I tried too set up Ver.7, too no avail. So I'm thinking it must be something too do with the network. Mabie the router. I have got Windows and also Linux Mint Duel Booting off the same Tower with two different OS's on two different Hard Drives but even under Linux Mint its still having trouble connecting too the assignment servers. So apart from my router I can't think of what it could be.

I've connected the System directly to the Router, under Linux Mint its not connecting. Under Windows its not connecting. I have looked at the Firewall settings, and incoming and out going ports and also ran all Ver. of the F@H application, including the Web Ver. with Chrome Ver.36 .. I have another System I have just bought second hand and have installed Windows on it, I'm thinking of doing a duel Boot but until I get the System relatively stable with the updates I'll install the F@H Software last. I have one system at the minute which is working fine and fully connecting\processing the WU, this other system I'm trying too get up and running I can only think its because its an Embedded System.

I'll post the Log for you when I boot the System later hear on the forums, as I'm getting an error something a long the lines of.. "Could not connect to Assignment Server. Empty Server assignment." Something like that I can't remember exactly but I'll post the Log on the Forum.

Ah. You ARE connecting, but it's not getting work.

If you haven't reinstalled, try changing the machine id. This tricks the server into thinking it's a new connect and re-assigning it.

Back
Top Bottom