Anyone else use torrents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono199

In Runtime
This thread isn't actually about torrents, its about the alleged crackdown the 'man' seems to be having on them.

I use torrents mostely for Anime which if it isn't licensed in my country is totally legal, or atleast its not illegal.

But according to my sources some American government dept is sending letters all over the world threatening people. Just for preference I'll get threatened by my own govt thanks. Atleast I have Parliament Square to go and complain in.

jono199 said:
I use torrents mostely for Anime which if it isn't licensed in my country is totally legal, or atleast its not illegal.

I use BT a bit of my ANIME and TV SHOWS THAT ARE NOT AIRED IN AUSTRALIA FIX. Here's a link that will give you a list of some anime BT Sites.

Yep all time, and most of the good bittorrent dump sites are in russia or one of its republics where the RIAA and MPAA wont be able to do anything about it.With BT they will have a nearly impossible time tracking users, but trying to eliminate the tracking sites is doable to an extent.

Just do a whois lookup of some of the popular ones and you'll see where they all are.Ive already seen a few US ones get closed down very quickly.

horndude said:
Yep all time, and most of the good bittorrent dump sites are in russia or one of its republics where the RIAA and MPAA wont be able to do anything about it.
Mainly because what ever lawyer they send in to that part of the world telling them to "Stop" gets FedExed back in little pieces.

To be honest they do have a point. Its just that since everyone has seen tham get stinknig rich for very little work no one cares.

If you saw people staealing from your local cornershop you may say something, but big faceless bastard multinations ... well who gives one?

Well my beef with the whole deal is, its ok to listen to and record from radio for free, as well as check stuff out from the library for free, and its also been shown downloading has actually helped the industry as much as hurt it, it gets their material exposure, so why get all bent at of shape over till its been going on for a few more years when they can really get some hard #'s on whats going on?I think the MPAA is jumping the gun, and people will quickly learn they cant enforce it, just like the RIAA is learning now.

This is an interesting article about how much the artists actually care. Of course at the same time i dont think the artists are gonna take the hit if a company were losing money. just like bastard ceo's wrting themselves huge severence packages when they almost sink a company, the guy that takes the hit is the janitor and security guard.

here

right on...
i've heard time and time again that sales have gone up, internet sales due to the downloads... if you enjoy a song typically you will look for the cd, either to support the artist, get the full cd, or for better quality or for whatever reason... everyone isn't out to just get all the free stuff they can! and like you said you can record from the radio or tv for free... hmmm why aren't they trying to stop that?

And we have Lars Ulrich to thank for REALLY getting all this crap started from the RIAA....that just really peeves me that a band that's been playing for 40 freakin years has to break down napster and for what? For more beer money? When a little band like Weezer blatently said on TV 'yeah go download our album off napster'....pretty ridiculous.

Just like when the VCR first came out they thought no body would ever want to go to the movies again.....that never came true...

Same scenario different times

EDIT: Harper, is your sig depecting Ghost in the Shell? Awsome show IMO, if it's not that, well....ghost in the shell is still cool :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom