Zone Alarm Pro Inbound Protection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalak

Solid State Member
Hi there, I recently aquired the powerful and well-known firewall called Zone Alarm and decided to get the Pro edition. There's something thats bothering me though. When you open up the Zone Alarm start up screen you're greeted with an overview on the statistics of ZoneAlarm.... Except, the Inbound Protection one doesn't seem to work for me.

What i mean is, the Inbound Protection one, the one that is supposed to tell me how the amount of things Zone Alarm has blocked registers at zero, which leads me to believe that maybe the Zone Alarm firewall isn't doing its job, or isn't working correctly? However, windows shows the firewall as active, which puzzles me. If anyone could shed light on this issue i would be most grateful.

My setup:
AMD 64 3000+
1024 MB DDR RAM
NVidia 6800 PCI-e 256MB VRAM
Winfast Foxconn NF4K8AC Motherboard

My Anti-virus:
BitDefender Internet security v10 (Only Virus scanner installed)(Is BitDefender compatible with ZoneAlarm? ZoneAlarm certainly doesn't pick it up in it's "Anti-virus monitoring")

Thank you in advance.
Kaladarus.

Problem solved

Problem solved. It turns out that ZoneAlarm and BitDefender are incompatable. I'm now using Kaspersky instead. Hopefully this issue will be resolved in the future.

So now that you have changed anti virus the inbound isnt on zero anymore?
Also Zonealarm pro doesnt detect nod32 anti virus or AVG which i had before nod32, i wouldnt worry about that as long as the antivirus and firewalls are doing there jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom