Youtube Video Editing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel2007

In Runtime
I want to upload my video on Youtube. It's around 45 minutes. What software to edit the video to 15 minutes?
I want the software easy to use because I don't want to waste my time on it. I don't care if it's freeware or paidware.

Thank you.

Depends what you wanna do. If you just wanna cut out parts to make it 15mins, you could just use the basic Windows Movie Maker (Live if you got Vista or 7). If you wanna add effects and go along that line, more of editing, you can use Premiere Pro from Adobe. It all depends what you want to do and if you planning to extend in the future.

Is it the best free Video Editing Software available? If possible, I want to stay away from Microsoft software. Is there a good third party software?
For example:
Games for Windows Live apps sucks.
Steam client is good.

Well there are other stuff out there, but I'm not into video editing so I may not be able to advise you on that. Wait for other responses or you can research, download and test different software to your liking.

So your baseline for the comparison is to compare a Facebook Style Game engine to a full blown Gaming client? Okay that is like saying Ferrari is a faster car than a SMART Car. It is no comparison. Of course Steam will be better for games. That is ALL it is made for. Plus Steam is only the client, it isnt the actual games cause you have to PAY for those. They are not free, they just get downloaded and executed through free software.

You want real software, Adobe. Nothing better.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/recommended-software-certain-tasks-171255/

You can try some of them listed here. Not sure if they will do what you want though.

I have nero 9 and it will/can edit a video to upload to you tube, Although I think nero is limited. I also use Ulead Movie Factory to edit my video from tv/dvd/vhs tapes, but I haven't tried to upload them onto you tube. If I needed to reduce the size, I would try dvd shrink or dvd fab. I have found that these programs can reduce the gb down somewhat without too much quality loss

What file format are you trying to edit?
Trimming it from 45 min to 15 min will lose a lot of frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom