Your favorite Science Fiction Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enterpriser

In Runtime
What is your favorite science fiction show? For me....Star Trek. Why Star Trek? Well I believe they have the four basic characters all shows need. The sovereign, the wizard, the lover, and the fighter. Example: Picard, Data + LaForge, Riker + Troi, Worf

Andromeda -- First few seasons where good. Last season sucked. I liked the ship's tech, Harper. And there is Rommie :firstlove

Babylon 5 / Crusade / The Legend of the Rangers -- This is the series that put me off Star Trek. It's a shame that every time they try to revive this franchise, some thing happens. There is a movie in the works.

Battlestar Galactica (new series) -- Current Favorite

Children Of Dune -- I will add the 1984 movie too. However the first Hallmark miniseries really sucked.

FarScape -- "HARVEY!!!!!!!" This show has Ben Browder and Claudia Black from SG:A. The first half of season 1 was rocky. However after Scorpius get introducted toward the end of season one, the show gets extremely interesting. Even if you don't have time to watch the entire seasons, at least what the last 6 episodes of each season for the main parts of the story arc. I really wished that Peacekeeper wars was a full season 5.

FireFly -- Still have not forgiven TNT for canning this show.

Hereos -- I consider this one sci fi

Lexx -- Group of misfits traveling in space in a planet eating / destroying bug. This show starts weird, and just gets weirder and weirder. I lost interest in this show at season 4.

Space Above & Beyond -- Marines in space. Only one season.

Starship Trooper : Roughneck Chronicals -- I enjoyied this CGI animed show. I might of been a show for kids, but I really liked it.

Star Trek -- Deep Space Nine (the only star trek series that I liked)

StarHunter -- Ever see the movie Moon 44. It has Michael Paré from that movie playing simulare role of a space bounty hunter. Season one's CGI was really bad.

Enterpriser said:
What is your favorite science fiction show? For me....Star Trek. Why Star Trek? Well I believe they have the four basic characters all shows need. The sovereign, the wizard, the lover, and the fighter. Example: Picard, Data + LaForge, Riker + Troi, Worf

Over all, I got tired of star trek. Like I will still watch the movies. The Borg Saga rocked. And if they ever bring the DS9 box sets down in price, I will pick them up.

However the i got bored with star trek as the nothing changes in the show. Like 20 years ago we had Star Trek The Next Generation.
Star Trek: The Next Generation 1987-1994 (7 Season)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 1993-1999 (7 Seasons)
Star Trek: Voyager 1995-2001 (7 Seasons)

now in a 21 seasons worth of star trek in this time period, what has happened......
NOT MUCH!
With the exception of the Borg and Dominion War, nothing much as changed.
The Federation is still acting Goody Goody Two Shoes being the police of the universe. I would really pay good money to see them fall over. I guess that the reason why we had Andromeda instead as it was based on rough notes for a dark future for Star Trek.
The Klingon Empire is still at war with itself.
The Romulains are still plotting against the rest of the universe.
And the Vulkans could possibly take over the Federations job, but they don't.

The star trek universe is SO STATIC. Unlike other shows like StarGate, FarScape and especailly Badylon 5 where the politics and the rest of the universe actually changes. Because of this, this is the reason why I really only liked DS9 where you did see things changing in the background.

Like, with the exception of DS9, cast and uniform, i could watch any season of star trek and really not tell the seasons apart. And any big events have rather scattered and short build up, and finish off with very short lived reprocusions.

And this is the reason why Star Trek just bores me.

I too would love to see the Federation fall. I think they should base the series around a different race. I would love to see a series about a Klingon, Romulan, or Cardassian crew. A different perspective besides the Federation view of "Hello there aggressive alien race...can we not talk about this?No?Well we better get the **** out of here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom