Yet another monstrosity of a heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, I gotta wonder who designs these things. They must live in a zero-G bubble or something...

I mean, it would be fine if it was in a PC laying on its side, but most of us have towers where the heatsink is horizontal. That sucker's got a huge top-end with a base only as big as the chip. I'm surprised it doesn't rip itself right out of the bindings as soon as you let it go or wobble the case a little. I'd be put'n some serious bungie-cords on that sucker! :D

honestly i dont thing anyone of you should be putting the size of this heatsink down, unless you own it and have proven otherwise...

cause if you look at it logically, it doesnt appear to have any problems.

It says it wieghs 28oz, thats 1.75lbs. since copper is heavyer then aluminums ill guess the pipes and core are at least 8oz. and the spreaders are about 20oz or 1.25lbs. witch are prolly only suspended about 40mm from the core.

now it you go find something that weights about 1 pound, you will notice how lite it realy is.

lol - i dont even work for thermaltake.. thy should be paying me to stop these rumores.

If I had that, I think I would use the string idea or something. 26 ounces held out (not close to the board) is probably more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom