XP installation on a netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi.

My netbook has XP on one partition and Ubuntu on the other. I want to do away with Ubuntu and just have XP on one single partition. Because my Netbook doesnt have a DVD/CD drive - I cant reinstall via disc. I was wondering what options would suit me best:

- im thinking the best thing to do would be to delete the Ubuntu install and then reallocate that partition to the XP install. I dont think this is possible though

Hi.

My netbook has XP on one partition and Ubuntu on the other. I want to do away with Ubuntu and just have XP on one single partition. Because my Netbook doesnt have a DVD/CD drive - I cant reinstall via disc. I was wondering what options would suit me best:

- im thinking the best thing to do would be to delete the Ubuntu install and then reallocate that partition to the XP install. I dont think this is possible though

Use an external USB CD Drive?

i would just boot into xp, open disk managment and delete the ubuntu partition. Then open a cmd prompt and use diskpart to extend the xp partition. Gparted works just as well, but this wont require any other software or hardware.

to get to disk managment go to administrative tols and open computer managment, on the left side you should see disk managment.

links on how to extend a volume with diskpart

How can I use DiskPart to extend a volume?

How to extend a data volume in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, in Windows 2000, and in Windows Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom