XBOX through PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ncjimn said:
I have the same question.

In the UK, to watch terestrial tv (or any tv) you need a TV licence. This is basically to pay for the BBC not showing any adverts. BBC is crap so i dont think we should have to pay for it if you dont watch it.

You only need 1 licence per house, but if you're going to university and you're taking a tv, you will need one.

Yep that's the right cable. Making that laptop is going to be pretty hard unless you have skills in doing stuff like that? Good luck anyway, i would like to see how it turns out

Edit: 0o0ooohhh 100th post :)

hahahahah congrats ont he 100th post :D
i remember mine... lol

but yea, i mean i've done a lil modding and stuff but this will by far be the most complex of all.... if you really think about it though, it wont be TOO hard. I mean besides simple proceedure of things such as flattening caps, removing hitsink, putting in some fans....

i have a feeling i'll totally blow it on the case and go along with what he said of all aluminum, but as im making it it'll be hot, and expanded.... then i wait for it to cool only to realize its WAYYY too small lol

but yea, if it works out i think i'll be selling them for supplies (~800-1000) + $400 labor

of course i'll test it on my normal xbox first lol

Athlon said:
In the UK, to watch terestrial tv (or any tv) you need a TV licence. This is basically to pay for the BBC not showing any adverts. BBC is crap so i dont think we should have to pay for it if you dont watch it.

You only need 1 licence per house, but if you're going to university and you're taking a tv, you will need one.

Oh, ok. I would like to express my deepest sympathies. ummm...how is TV transmitted over there? is it via RF or guided media?

The only problem I'm running into trying to get it to play using the VGA cable is getting sound. The VGA cable has 2 RCA plugs for audio and I don't have a fancy sound card to use it with. So I'm going to be buying these soon:

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIGA600.htm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826235001&ATT=26-235-001&CMP=OTC-mys1mo17

I don't mind paying 130 bucks for a headset that will work on X360, PC, and PS3 as well. Take the 30 bucks that I'm selling my current headset for and it will only cost me 90 bucks.

hillbillybob said:
Oh, ok. I would like to express my deepest sympathies. ummm...how is TV transmitted over there? is it via RF or guided media?

Its transmitted through an RF cable, but with Sky HD coming out it will be different. I dont know much about HD tv yet though.

Beefcake said:
The only problem I'm running into trying to get it to play using the VGA cable is getting sound. The VGA cable has 2 RCA plugs for audio and I don't have a fancy sound card to use it with. So I'm going to be buying these soon:

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/...ts/TRIGA600.htm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...MP=OTC-mys1mo17

I don't mind paying 130 bucks for a headset that will work on X360, PC, and PS3 as well. Take the 30 bucks that I'm selling my current headset for and it will only cost me 90 bucks.

It's not that hard to get hold of some speakers with RCA ports on them. You probably have an old stereo in your house that would work. I digged out some old PC speakers that i use now and they work great

No we don't have old steroes because my mom likes to sell old stuff at garage sales (like my legos.... my beautiful legos...) I thought about getting RCA speakers but I decided to just get a really nice headset instead. I perfer headphones over speakers most of the time unless you have a really nice speaker setup. The only problem with that is that my room's design makes it very difficult for surround sound. I also have a brother who constintly sleeps right next to my room so I can't have my sound up too loud (there goes the earthquaking bass that I really like).

I do have a surround sound setup in my living room but of course my parents won't let me touch that. That's their little baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom