xbox live blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry read some of it i know how to get there to the router but after that i'm thru. will this block the x box from working or what? i need a more detailed explanation. sorry thanks i have westell adsl 2 versalink w/ verizon

try installing a custom firmware? that might help with some newer features?

He has a WGT624v3. I anxiously wait the day when this stupid thing gets a custom firmware. It is a terrible router based on an Atheros chipset that apparently nobody knows how to work with. Had this thing for like 3-4 years now and finally decided to just buy a Linksys (WRT160N) and flash that with DD-WRT. I still use the WGT but just for college or as an Ethernet switch, since that's all it's really good for.

i can't seem to do this blocking the x-box live thing please help step by step so i understand the process. thanks (if possible)

i am def gonna have to buy a new router now as he has figured out how to bypass the blocking.

Basically i have the router dhcp enabled with an ip range going up to 6 and had the mac of his xbox configured to a certain ip address.

I have just seen on the router he has put his xbox to a .7 address and he is now able to get online even though i only have an ip range of upto 6 setup.

Any ideas why this would be??

Your DHCP settings are incorrectly configured.
You need to set it to lease only the addresses in a set range.
If possiable set up a MAC allow list. Including only the NIC's you want to connect.

Cheers.

im looking at the settings page of my netgear router on dhcp under lan ip setup and i dont see the option for lease only.

Its got an option to use router as dhcp and an entry for what ip's i want to be available.

It also has address reservation but nothing else...

Yes i do mate but he entered 192.168.1.7 on his 360 and was able to get onto live even though i had reserved his 360's mac to 192.168.1.6 which i dont understand lol

If your DHCP server is set to lease in a certain range it will only lease that range.
You must have something seup wrong.

Any chance of a screenprint?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom