Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest rumor is they will ditch optical media entirely. Makes the whole conversation irrelevant really if true.
Agreed however, currently there are still some users who may not have internet access which is a major concern. I think it would be more likely that they will swap to some form of USB flash drive format whereby either you buy a stick for the game rather than a disk or you go into stores etc. and buy the games then put them onto a branded usb stick of some kind that comes with the console. This however would undoubtedly lead to massive piracy issues

Yes sir. Flash devices can be hard for pretty cheap and I'm sure if M$ was to score a deal with a company they could get 32 or 64GB devices extremely cheap for a prolonged deal. Way faster loading times, less of a hassle, and can be as small as they like really. I would buy that console.

Tbh, if they had to have some sort of physical media then I'd like it to be SDHC cards or something like that; plenty storage for the price, faster than DVDs and much smaller too. But personally I'd be happy with it being digital-only, provided they had a system as simple and robust as Steam.

Tbh, if they had to have some sort of physical media then I'd like it to be SDHC cards or something like that; plenty storage for the price, faster than DVDs and much smaller too. But personally I'd be happy with it being digital-only, provided they had a system as simple and robust as Steam.
They can't do that as they would be abandoning their user base that has no internet connection.

You were saying they might consider it to prevent piracy....
Theres no reason they wouldnt do that with a new format, infact, it would be easier to prevent piracy with a proprietary format as it would be as easy to access as a DVD disk or a Blu Ray

Theres no reason they wouldnt do that with a new format
Cost.

infact, it would be easier to prevent piracy with a proprietary format as it would be as easy to access as a DVD disk or a Blu Ray
Hardware methods of anti-piracy usually have ways of being worked around. For example, dumping the data and loading it from a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom