Would this laptop run most games? or any at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll barely play game with the intergrated, and a smidgen better with the free upgrade. If you can swing the 6770, you'll be better off.

Wecome to tf

Well ill get the 6770 but will it make much of a difference if i get the 1 gig video card rather than the 2 gig

Buying any computer for gaming is going to be a rip off unless you get to specify each part for them to put in.

There are a few companies that will do this for you (ibuypower, alienware) but they charge so much you're still getting ripped off (like, 5 grand).

Unfortunately when it comes to laptops and gaming there aren't any perfect solutions. They are meant to be just that, a lap top, not a gaming computer.

Same downside with buying your own desktop, like what Patonb mentioned earlier with integration. 95% of companies use integrated GPU's, which in a nutshell means 'Can't run games well'.

Putting that 6770 in will probably do the trick, but if you want to do some serious gaming I'd look into a desktop or an actual gaming laptop :)

Buying any computer for gaming is going to be a rip off unless you get to specify each part for them to put in.

There are a few companies that will do this for you (ibuypower, alienware) but they charge so much you're still getting ripped off (like, 5 grand).

Unfortunately when it comes to laptops and gaming there aren't any perfect solutions. They are meant to be just that, a lap top, not a gaming computer.

Same downside with buying your own desktop, like what Patonb mentioned earlier with integration. 95% of companies use integrated GPU's, which in a nutshell means 'Can't run games well'.

Putting that 6770 in will probably do the trick, but if you want to do some serious gaming I'd look into a desktop or an actual gaming laptop :)

I already own a gaming desktop but I was just looking for a laptop that has the ability to run some games like mw2 and blackops but obviously not at their highest settings but just so I have something to do over the summer while traveling and not having to spend a fortune.. but if I got a dedicated graphics card in this laptop could I later on upgrade it more, or would I not be able to upgrade the laptop any more at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom