World of Warcraft: Cataclysm -- December 7 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: World Of Warcraft ~ Cataclysm ~Thoughts, Insights, Likes, Dislikes

Well it was close to that before the burning crusade..and raids (pretty much what the game is based around) were a lot harder..not find 10 random people and go in and clear it in 30 minutes :| more like have 40 of your most trusted friends together and take a week to clear it :\

Re: World Of Warcraft ~ Cataclysm ~Thoughts, Insights, Likes, Dislikes

no offense to any WoW players ( I played for a pretty good long time myself ) but it's going to **** in a hand bag :|

with every expansion the only thing they do is make the game easier. Leveling becomes faster, faster mounts, less exp required.

Sort of feel the same there. Back when I was playing WoW, even with a leveling guild it would still take you 336 (2 weeks) of constant playing in order to get up to level 60. Now days, you can buddy up with some one and push that over in a week end.

Like what's the point in leveling up any more if it's not going to be a challenge.

Oh yea..and the instances. The last ones released before I quit had better loot ( lvl 232 gear) than the 10 man raids. Which is stupid..

When I was playing, a RAID was some thing like 40 man. 10 man raid? It's more like a normal instance with a few extra people. I have no idea why they are calling it a RAID. It's like calling a normal punch up in the middle of the street and a battle.

They are catering to the "casuals" instead of the actual fans
Yes. However there are people out there with IRL commiments and it's not much fun when you have other people putting dirt on you as you seem to put IRL before WoW. Believe me, I have been there and it's the reason why that part of me that did like WoW had died a long time ago.

^^^ when it started it was all hardcore..then the players turned into just wanting instant gratification..they didn't care if the game took skill, they just wanted more shinnies to show off
Another reason why I stop playing......

^^ I agree somewhat.

Having come from playing Everquest before WoW, I always thought WoW was made more for casual gamers than the hardcore folks. But now I don't see anything wrong with that. I just started playing WoW again and it works for me, I don't have the time to put into it like I did Everquest. While it may annoy some of the more hardore folks, I can't argue with their strategy. Why cater only to a small portion of people when you can get the money of a larger group.

As for the expansion, looks cool. Higher level cap always energizes people. And I have no problem with more flying mounts, as long as you can't get one at level 1.

That the problem. If you are just going to cator for the hardcore playiers, then you are not going to get much in the way of new subscriptions. There is no fun in having your friends bug you to join them on XYZ MMORPG when they are at level 60 and you are starting at level 1. And then have your friend wait it out while you finally get your toon up leveled up.
My experiences have been "Sure, my IRL friends tell me that they are will level up to level 60, but provided that they are not all ready busy with a 40 man raid or some other high level stuff."
I have playied some game where most of the population as moved on to higher levels, and I will tell you this. It's very lonely at the level 1.

Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm -- October 2010

I can't wait for Cataclysm - I am so excited and really looking forward to flying in Azeroth. And I am definintely gonna roll a Worgen - just not sure what kind yet.

There was a few leaked images that were taken down shortly after.

Looks like they are flooding Thousand Needles.

icc still takes a few days to clear with its 12 bosses its almost un pug-able in 25 man, 10 man is easy i can clear it with a good pug i lead in a few hours but they are getting back to more difficult instances, icc is not a dps race at all. fight coordination is so important its why it is difficult to pug it( pug as in pick up group) and i have no objection with new patches and raids every 3/4 months it keeps it interesting my pally is fairly geared right now been almost 6 months if not more that icc is out and im getting bored tbh. if they never released a new expansion at one point everyone would have the top gear and the game wouldnt be fun. never ever complain about new content because no one ever wants to play the old stuff over and over for ever. the good thing with blizzard is there content is frequent and of quality.

What is going to happen to all the players / accounts that are have not upgraded to WoW:Cataclysm? Like I know that the all the existing lands (eg. The Barrens) will be having a big face lift. Like are they still going to be stuck in WoW Pre-Cataclysm? Or are they going to be post Cataclysm, but only for the older territories?

Reason why I ask is just in case for some perverted reason some one talks me into re-activating my WoW account which only has TBC added to it.

Hopefully this is the last expansion for WoW and fingers crossed they bring out WoW 2 or a reboot of the game like they did with Starcraft and Diablo. But agreed they need to start working on their other titles

i am really excited about this new expansion. my buddy who has been beta testing this game says it is really going to appeal to the veteran players of wow most. they are bringing back so many things from vanilla. great new guild achievement, amazing new talent tree's, all the classes wich where previously face roll are getting redone so they become challenging again, best examples of this are dk's hunters and pally's. hunter gaining focus, pallys getting combo points called holy power and dk's have there runes chopped down. they are bringing out heroic versions of brd and more, there will be new raids being brought back in from vanilla like molten core and so on. i enjoyed cataclysm but the game had become way to easy, this game is about to become challenging again and i cannot wait. they even got rid of all the ports in the main cities. my guild mate has told me its no longer just a tank and spank game, tanks now need to cc much more then ever before and not just hold threat and take a beating, some heroic 5 mans take 2 tanks 2 dps and 1 healer. looks like blizzard has learned quite alot from the mistakes they have made in wrath of the litch king and many people are excited. with 12 million active subscriptions to wow they dont need to cool it at all, keep releasing the quality content and people will be happy, they cant just stop working on wow and leave us with the same content or they will loose everyone, and im quite sure wow is activion/blizzards main source of income right now so i hope they keep up the good work. p.s. really excited for blizzcon im getting a beta key from a friend attending the event.

harper to answer your question, they are moving all accounts over to cataclysm world ie if you only have tbc you will still get cataclysm talent trees and have acess to the new azeroth. what you miss out on is the new bg's the new raid content, new dungeons, and you of course level cap at 70.

to answer nickedit this will not be the last world of warcraft expansion, there is suppose to be a 4th according to the story and what blizzard has planned and it will be the 4th and final expansion, also expect it to be the biggest. we do not know if they will make a warcraft 4 or go onto making another mmo, but according to the lore there is a story available for a 4th expansion. many of you may say but world of warcraft has such a dated engine, they are actually updating the engine for this new expansion and it has support for direct x11, and rummors buzzing around about tessellation support. blizzard is upping there game and we all love it.

the sotry for the expansion after cataclysm is suppose to be about the titans and the makers. they consistently talk about these guys in ever expansion and ulduar brought out a whole bunch more in wotlk, i can only imagine what else will come in cataclysm with deathwing coming into the scene again who has been around since the age of the titans. most of this is speculation but the story is written. the cata script has been written now for over 8 year.

WoW:CAT intro has been released.

[3. LocalDefense] Azeroth is Under Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom