World Jump Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

gab00n

In Runtime
I think everyone needs to sign up for this. On the 20'th of july scientists are trying to get 600 000 000 people to jump at the exact same time. They predict it will shift the earths orbit which could stop global warming and it will help with some other stuff as well. I thought it was quite interesting, they will send you an email the day before so that you don't forget.

Check it out: http://www.worldjumpday.org/

Huh, that's interesting. One little problem: everyone's clocks are set different...how would that work then?

When you sign up they tell you what time you have to jump in your area, you have to select your time zone.

I dont believe it, that sounds rediculous. If it extends daytime hours it has to decrease them somewhere else. I dont buy it for a minute. Jump away. (no offense) perhaps this is a joke.. and I am taking it wrong.. in that case I apologize.

Another thing is this, how would millions of people jumping in different places of the world affect anything? We would all have roughly the same impact spherically on the various areas making the global impact moot point. Unless we were tryin to compact the ground or something.

Also consider the weight of the human race to mass of Earth ratio- Roughly 14,285,714,285,714.3kg to 1, thats about 14 trillion times the mass of the entire populace of the globe. And you guys were talkin 600 million, which is a tenth of that, so add a zero and yer at 140 trillion. Not gonna happen.

(calculations based on 6 billion people X 70kg per person, by earth mass of 6 x 10 to the 24th power)

To beat a dead horse an average human weighs over 230,000,000 the mass of an .060mm diameter grain of sand (which is incredibly small for a grain of sand). Now imagine a grain of sand 60 times that small, and then imagine it making a difference if it moved an indiscribably small amount on you.

(again based on 70kg for average human, 0.30mg for weight of said grain of sand)

yeah .. i asked my physics teacher who is like INCREDIBLY SMART .. he like worked for NASA ... nd he said its totally false

there is no way it works and he said if i really want he can show me formulas to prove it but i wasnt that interested....

Man that's really stupid,If everybody around the world did it they would be putting an even force all around,The only thing that would happen is maybe compacting the dirt below your feet and the earth might shrink a little:p

maybe thats what it takes to stop global warming....... aha i remember a snl episode where the guy was like.. "President Bush's solution for global warming, air conditioning"..... that made me laugh real hard the first time. i still laugh when i remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom