World Cup: 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
England; UK what is the difference? Are they not the same thing? Wait one is United Kingdom yes i know. But honestly i didnt realize that there was a difference till i just looked it up. Sorry my bad.

This explains all the differences and such pretty clearly ;)
Britain Versus The UK - Television Tropes & Idioms
Seriously, though. If you get this wrong, you will be forgiven. It's an easy mistake to make. There is a reason for it. Even we Brits get mixed up often times (after all, the title of this article is wrong: Britain and the UK are the same thing), and until More Recently Than They Think it was accepted practise (at least by the English) for "England" and "Britain" to be interchangeable terms.
And read the whole Britain index, if you're curious - which I doubt since that would be a gargantuan amount of reading :)

If you ever get the chance to play some American football you will quickly find out why they wear all that protection. Try going at it without it and you will be losing all kinds of body parts. It is a form of team gladiatorial combat in almost every fashion... save that they wear the protective gear so they will be able to do it again the next week.

It and rugby share a lot of things, but rugby is more of a "grab it and run with it" while football is more of a skirmish with the ball carrier trying to find a way through/around so he can make a run for it.

I watched some YouTube videos and it doesn't seem to be that much worse, certainly doesn't warrant that much padding in my opinion.

I have been to rugby matches and watched there heads get trampled, broken noses, it's a rough game.

Ignore the music.

Luckily i am fortunate to be in the home town of of the best rugby teams in the UK and arguabley the world.

Leicester Football Club (nicknamed Leicester Tigers) is an English rugby union club that plays in the Guinness Premiership, of which they are the current champions. The club has been the most successful English club of the professional era, winning the Heineken Cup twice and the league five times under the captaincy of Martin Johnson, all in the space of seven years, as well as two titles in the last three seasons.
Leicester are one of only four teams (along with Gloucester, Bath and Wasps) never to have been relegated from the top division, and they have never finished a league season below 6th position. They are also the only English side to have qualified to play in every Heineken Cup in which English teams have participated.

Leicester may suck at football, but they rock at rugby :D

And to expand on the point, all those tackles are perfectly legal in Rugby :)

People go nuts in this country also. Panama is about as bad as soccer teams get, but no one here gives a crap. They end up rooting for Brazil in the end. Tons of cars are sporting at least 1 flag of their favorite team propped up out of their windshield.

I don't care much for soccer, but I like playing it on consoles lol. And I am very ready for the crazy bar parties that are to come :D

That stuffs real, though.

I went to a Leicester v Nottingham Forest game once. BAD IDEA !

I believe you. I have been down at a Parramatta Eels Vs. Canterbury Bulldogs game once. When it comes down to the Bulldog's "Blue & White Army", if they are the away team, regardless whether they win or lose, your neighbourhood is going to get trashed. Mind you, the Blue & White Army as not been as bad as they used to be years back, but still they act like a pack of animals.

I do remember when Blue & White Army trashed Parramatta when i was living in Parratta..... you do not dare enter Parramatta with Bulldog's colours.

I believe you. I have been down at a Parramatta Eels Vs. Canterbury Bulldogs game once. When it comes down to the Bulldog's "Blue & White Army", if they are the away team, regardless whether they win or lose, your neighbourhood is going to get trashed. Mind you, the Blue & White Army as not been as bad as they used to be years back, but still they act like a pack of animals.

I do remember when Blue & White Army trashed Parramatta when i was living in Parratta..... you do not dare enter Parramatta with Bulldog's colours.

It's a shame about the violence in some sports, although i do think it adds an element of excitement to the sport whatever it may be :p

Luckily i am fortunate to be in the home town of of the best rugby teams in the UK and arguabley the world.
Leicester may suck at football, but they rock at rugby :D

hahaha! Look up the top three teams in the world. New Zealand, South Africa, and Australia. That's right, we pwn :p

edit: oops, wrong league :facepalm:

hahaha! Look up the top three teams in the world. New Zealand, South Africa, and Australia. That's right, we pwn :p

edit: oops, wrong league :facepalm:

ahaha.. NO! :p

England > everyone.

Really though, what i meant was that at club level it's one of the highest ranked. Leicester Tigers v Some Australian Club, well the winner is just obvious. I think there is much as 7 or 8 players from the england rugby squad that are all from the Leicester Tigers.

Don't get me started on the ashes, it won't be long until we have more wins than australia. I think you have 31 wins and we have 28.

It is important to remember england is cold and wet and not sporty, Australia is warm and dry(er) and is sporty. You have an advantage ;)

Back on topic to the World Cup before we get beat up my mods.

yeah we were going great in the ashes up until recently, but england is starting to get a good team back together (as evidenced by the last three ashes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom