Work Laptops>Connecting to Internet on Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime

We usually set ppl up as Power Users for laptops, when they are here in the work area we setup their wireless here in the Alt Config Tab (IP Add) and leave the main one blank so when they go out of town they can connect up wirelessly to other places, But I keep hearing complaints that ppl are not able to connect up, is it on our end or the user cuz I keep hearing "I did what they told me" which they don't go into detail. I mean it should see the hotels or whoevers wireless network and they should be able to connect to it. Am I missing something?

Do you mean tou go in and add the work wireless as a preffered wireless network or are you setting it as the physical network to connect to?

we add the ip in the alt config tab as a prefered wireless network so when they come back it automatically connects to ours, but when they leave they cannot connect to hotels or where ever they go for business.

*I found out they keep trying to use the Dell Network Manager instead of the Windows one, so I uninstalled the Dell Manager and it connected no prob Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom