Wireless transfer speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
i'm trying to transfer a large amount of files from my desktop to my laptop. I can only get around 500kb/s. This can't be the fastest transfer rate, can it? Absolute best speeds should be right at 6.75MBps. I was at least hoping for around 4 or 5MBps.

Wireless Network :

Desktop - Windows 7 Professional connected to router via D-Link DWA-130 wireless adapter. (Connected to router at 150mbps, can't get 300 on Windows 7...)

Laptop - Windows XP Home Edition SP3 connected to router via Realtek RTL8187SE wireless adapter. (Connected to router at 54mbps)

Router - Airlink 101 AR670W Wireless N with DD-WRT firmware.

Both connected computers are within 15ft of the router. Why not just use an Ethernet cable? Onboard LAN and expansion slots are messed up on my desktop, so that's out of the question. If I can't get better transfer rates on the wireless, my last resort will be to slave the laptop hard drive on the desktop, and just transfer files on my desktop.

I believe the main poblem is that you are transferring over wireless. Constant data transfer from PC to PC has never been excelent on Wireless. I would set it to transfer overnight and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom