Wireless Solutions

Ekoroski

Beta member
Hi all I'm new here so if this belongs in a different thread I apologize, I work in fairly large office (3 floors) and I need to find a new Wireless solution for the building. Currently were just using a bunch of home routers jerry rigged to provied wireless. I was hoping to get some advice on systems to look into. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

In my house, my walls are uber thick and wifi resistant. Nothing goes through easily.
I use these wireless cards:
Newegg.com - TP-LINK TL-WN722N Wireless Adapter High Gain IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates Support 64/128 bit WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, Wireless MAC Filtering
and they work really well.
You'll also need some good antennas for your router(s). 9dbi omni directional wifi antennas will probably do it. If that doesn't provide enough range, you might want to buy some 1 watt wifi amplifiers. If you look for them, you can find them on amazon for ~$50 each. There are companies that charge hundreds of dollars for these (simply because they have next to no competition) but affordable 1 watt amplifiers DO exist.

EDIT: hey, I found one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Broadband-Amplifier-Router-Booster/dp/B008VP5H2M/ref=pd_sbs_op_1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom