Wireless router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo5us

Beta member
I have a Linksys model # wrt54gs. I installed it and everything worked fine, got everything set up too, it was nice. Then I got a new computer. I just hooked the router up and it worked. Then i tried to set up encryption and stuff. But when i typed in the routers ip addres i get page cannot be found. So i tried using the software cd that came with it. But it said the router was not connected to the computer. So i tried resetting the router but still neither option worked. The wireless and wired connections still work but i have no encryption and can't adjust any settings.

nope, it says page cannot be displayed. The manual for my router says that its ip address is 192.168.1.100 and that doesn't work either.

Don't try to configured your router through the wireless connection. Do this first, connect a PC with the cable to the router. Reset the router, then on the computer open up command prompt and do ipconfig /all to verify you have recieve an IP address from the router, if not you might have to check if your card was setup to manually assign IP address or the router hasn't reponse to the DHCP request yet. You can do ipconfig /release follow by ipconfig /renew

Do ipconfig /all and take note of what the address says in the default gateway. That is the IP address into your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom