Wireless card not detecting network (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHNAPPS

Baseband Member
So I have a belkin wireless G network card for my laptop and it cannot detect ANY network. I updated the wireless card's driver and it still cannot detect a network. Under the system settings the wireless card is detected and working properly. I tried using Belkin's network manager and windows's network manager and neither of them can detect ANY wireless networks. I know it is not our router because my roomate can easily connect to it, and I know that their are at least 10 different networks in our area but I cannot detect any of them. I am real puzzled and would appreciate any help. Thanks

i would go through my wireless card properties in device manager and look for inconsistences. particular what channel it is set for and the mode (ad-hoc or infrastructure).

when did this start happening?

I don't really know whether anything is out of the unusual, but the channel is set to 6 and the adhoc mode is set to wireless mode G. It just randomly started a little bit before I moved out to LA a month ago. Any other suggestions on what I should look for? Thanks

your nic should be set for infrastructure as opposed to adhoc. infrastructure is used when you want to connect to a router for wan access. ad hoc is for peer-to-peer networks like lan gaming.

this could be causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom