Wired v wireless headphones

Venom84

Baseband Member
I had a pair of expensive (so I was told) wireless headphones which gave an audible hiss over the sound unless I sat directly (within 3 feet) in front of the receiver. I then bought a cheap pair of Sennhieser which I use regularly. The time has come to upgrade as the sound quality isn't great.

Just wondering if anyone here can either recommend a good pair of wireless headphones that won't have any interference as I miss the wireless aspect or put me out of my misery and tell me to stick with wired for better quality.

I have the Logitech G930 with 7.1 sarround and they have a good range and no hissing, I've gone on the upper floor of the house to other rooms and still had connection taking on Team Speak. I got them on sale awhile back for around $65 so I got then cheaper than most. And they sound good but are a little heavy.

Dauntae

Wired.

I had some wireless 'phones and honestly they are just annoying. They only last 6 hours or so at a decent volume so unless you remember to charge them fully every night you will very often find them running out of battery mid-session. Plus they sound worse and have interference issues.

Just not worth it at all. Get something like Audio Technica ATH AD700.

I really like my wireless headphones (Parrot Zik), but if I could choose again, I'd go wired.
Kman is right, they cut out mid-session way too often :tongue:

Well I can't say I've stayed online gaming for 6 hours lol but with the G930 you can alo use them while there plugged in charging.

^ Same with the Parrot zik's.
And with these they don't even need to be powered on to use them.. Though they sound like crap because they aren't powered :tongue:

I have high quality wired cans and the G930s. If you're gaming the wireless convenience to quickly get up and grab a snack, run to take a ****, or grab a drink is top notch. I also used my headset for Google Talk calls and could walk around the house doing things while having a conversation.

The draw back, if you don't buy a gaming grade or home theater grade ($$$) wireless setup you're going to have interference. I started with Turtle Beach headphones and decided to skip the cheap junk and went straight for the Logitech. On that note, I wouldn't recommend the G930s.

If you went wireless, I highly recommend getting Senn R180s or the Corsair Vengeance 2100s. The Corsair headphones are simply more comfortable, period. THey are also less prone to interference in my experience, and my usage is based on apartment complex use. The G930s can sometimes get caught up in switching channels when it detects interference which in itself is more annoying because it disconnects and reconnects while doing so.

Back
Top Bottom