Wired Connection Not Working in Kali Linux

wastedtime

Beta member
I've had Kali installed (using VMware by the way) for few months now and it has been working fine until yesterday. For no reason my wired connection just stopped working with Kali, but it is working with my main, windows 10, so I know for a fact that it is not my ethernet cable that is acting up. I've tried every other "fix" but they have not helped at all. EDIT: I've reset my my connection through vmware settings however that did not work.

Attachments

• kaliii.png
    kaliii.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 9
  • kalii.png
    kalii.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 7
  • kali.png
    kali.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
I've had Kali installed (using VMware by the way) for few months now and it has been working fine until yesterday. For no reason my wired connection just stopped working with Kali, but it is working with my main, windows 10, so I know for a fact that it is not my ethernet cable that is acting up. I've tried every other "fix" but they have not helped at all. EDIT: I've reset my my connection through vmware settings however that did not work.

If you do a ifconfig does it even show the vm's ethernet adapter?

You need to update the driver. Kali doesn't keep most updated drivers.

find your drivers and copy across

Tips to fix-
Check the Ethernet cable and connection. Make sure the Ethernet cable is securely plugged into the Ethernet port on both your router and Windows 10 PC.
Restart your modem and wireless router. This helps create a new connection to your internet service provider (ISP).
Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Back
Top Bottom