Windows XP System FIle Restore or Something?

CommanderLiamTHX

In Runtime
Hi, I just unistalled the Vista Transformation Pack, but the computer crashed before it could uninstall all the way. So now I'm stuck with a mix of Aero Glass resources and Luna stuff, which looks pretty ugly, especially when you use the Luna theme and see a badly cropped Vista logo on the start button. I'm using Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

Last edited:
Tried System Restore?

How about reinstalling the transformation pack, and then uninstalling it again?

Tried System Restore?

How about reinstalling the transformation pack, and then uninstalling it again?

I can't use System Restore, because I'd lose a bunch of stuff and I don't have a backup drive to keep my stuff on. Even if I did have one, I'm sure I'd forget something behind that's important.

I'll try reinstalling the transformation pack, but I'm almost positive it's going to go back to my Luna/Aero mess because it would be like "Oh, they had this before. Let's just go back to how it was before you uninstalled me." but I guess I'll try it. :neutral:

System Restore only changes programs and Windows file. It doesn't delete or change personal files.

System Restore only changes programs and Windows file. It doesn't delete or change personal files.

Right, sorry, I just went to the System Restore and checked, and when I tried, though, it restarted the computer, got to 1%, then gave the BSOD. What does this mean? It's been crashing a lot lately. Is there something wrong?

Right, sorry, I just went to the System Restore and checked, and when I tried, though, it restarted the computer, got to 1%, then gave the BSOD. What does this mean? It's been crashing a lot lately. Is there something wrong?

what's the STOP code that it gives you on the BSOD?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

what's the STOP code that it gives you on the BSOD?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o
f 0x00000502 (0x00000000.)
The system has been shut down.

You will need an XP CD to do a system repair. Since it is the login process that is failing no way to use the SFC or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom