Windows XP Proffesional Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

pckrfan75

Beta member
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for any help given.

To start off, I am fairly unknowledgeable with this topic, so any help given, if possible, should be in step by step form please, it will save me a ton of time.

Recently i was given a computer from an old office of a friend of mine. Novell Client was installed, but i do not think the windows is genuine. as when i try to log into Novell with the password that i have, it says that windows is not genuine, and then asks me for the windows password. this, i do not know. so i need to somehow reset, or hack the password. problem is, i do not know how to use a password cracker without being able to access my C: drive where it is stored.

Anyone able to help? thanks

When we install windows xp, it automatically creates an account "administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your xp login password then try this:

Step 1: Boot computer and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice when you see windows login screen. It'll show classic login box.

Step 2: Type "administrator" (without quotes) in username field and leave password field blank, press Enter and you should be able to login windows.

Step 3: Now you could change or remove other accounts' passwords, including administrator password and other standard users' passwords

If that should not work, you could use some third party windows password recovery software. all of them are designed to create a windows password reset disk. Below are some of them:

Windows Login Recovery (shareware)
Ophcrack (freeware)
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (freeware)

Many people suggest Offline NT. But I think Ophcrack is better. If NT and Ophcrack should not work for you, then you could try Windows Login Recovery.

Make sure that you do the following on your computer or another computer with the owners permission only.

for XP:
1 >> Log into safe mode
2 >> Log in as the computer Administrator, "Administrator" for the username
3 >> Leave the password blank
4 >> Control panel and change the password for your account

If you don't want to change the password:

1 > Get a program called Ophcrack(very large. 496Mb)
2 >> Download the liveCD (ISO)
3 >> Burn the ISO to a CD using an ISO burner
4 >> The Live CD's come with the free rainbow tables, so you might need to download other tables (cost money)
4 >> Bootup from the CD
5 >> Crack the SAM and System file

If you want to remove Windows password(the fastest way):
freeware:Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
commercial option: Windows Password Reset Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom