Windows XP Embedded - Where can i download this?

Jonny125

Solid State Member
As the title suggests, I am having a nightmare obtaining an iso for Windows XP embedded to reload on our retail testing till. I need it for a Toshiba A10-152K retail EPOS till - which I've managed to completely screw up by using what seems to be a dodgy image. Originally it was blue screening, but now I get the NTLDR is missing message.

Problem: When I try to boot it up I get NTLDR is missing, press key to restart. I have tried copying the NTLDR from the i386 folder of a Win XP Pro disk, though this didn't resolve. The till has auto-detect HDD settings in the BIOS so I believe the settings for that are ok.

I expect somebody is going to try and be helpful and suggest looking here for the OS download:
Download Windows XP Embedded | Product Information and Trials

However I have downloaded & tried this Windows XP Embedded with service pack 3, but it seems to be JUST the service pack, not the OS.

Now I don't know much about XPe, but I can not find a download for it anywhere except from torrent sites, and as its for our test environment I don't want to be using torreted OS's unless I absolutely have to. I'm getting the impression Microsoft have discontinued / cancelled support for it.

A trial would be fine, as we have the product key sticker on the back.

Can anybody shed some light on why it seems like this OS doesn't appear exist anywhere any more?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

You cant anymore. The only place it is available for download is from MSDN and TechNet. XP is no longer supported and is at the end of its life, that is why it doesn't appear to exist anymore, cause it doesn't. Not even Microsoft will acknowledge XP in support tickets anymore. It is done for.

The only place it is available for download is from MSDN and TechNet

Thank you for your reply, are you implying that it is available here (and I just don't have the access), or they were available at these places?

They are available from MSDN and TechNet, but they are a paid subscription service with Microsoft. So if you want to spend $700 to get the MSDN OS Subscription to download Windows XP Embedded, information here, then you are not going to find it. Windows XP Embedded was not and is not available for download anywhere else but from Microsoft through their subscription service of MSDN and TechNet.

Back
Top Bottom