Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is sitting at: Service Pack Installation 1 out of 3: 5% for a long time now after the first restart.... :S

EDIT: Phew, it was at 5% for like 45 minutes, then more or less blazed through the rest. Total time for the install was almost an hour, including the download. Everything seems to be working more or less OK.

EDIT2: Took at least 3x less time on my laptop with 32bit Home Premium.

It's always recommended to update to the lastest service packs.

This because you know that the first thing we are going to ask when you come to us with issues is if your fully up to date. That comment includes Service Packs.

Strange.... SP2 isn't showing up for me, and my computer doesnt show that SP1 is installed.... Even though SP1 is installed and it sees itself when trying to re-install, and sp2 doesn't see that sp1 is there... I have my computers... :(

I finally got SP2 to install. I used System Restore and went back to the 1st restore point before my last Windows Update. I tried to use Windows Update again and it made it to 97% before it stopped and said "update not needed". Luckily I had already downloaded SP2 and it worked when I manually installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom