Windows Vista - everything yellow-ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I put together my computer last night and after I plugged in the monitor to the 9800GTX during and after installing Vista(64) my desktop shows everything with a yellow tint.. like everything is yellow..

I installed the motherboard drivers from the CD and then after windows finished restarting I installed the 9800GTX graphics drivers and Direct-X 9/10.. Didn't help at all.

I tried using my Compaq CRT monitor and my Samsung 226BW, they both show everything as yellow tinted..

I don't think this is a Vista problem? Because if it is.. how come during the installation process everything was yellow-tinted?

Is there a problem with my 9800GTX?

I have my VGA cable plugged into an adapter which is plugged into the 9800GTX

In the EVGA 780i SLI the BIOS text was green.. if that's not the correct color...

I know that both monitors display correctly on my Compaq and my Dell computers..

Build:

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar GP WD5000AACS 500GB 5400 to 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Graphics Card: 9800GTX EVGA

Motherboard: 780i SLI

I read this:
1 - right click on desktop, select personalize then display settings. Click
Advanced Settings, then select "color management" tab, then click the color
management button again.

It showed one profile and I was unable to click the "remove" button. I
clicked the checkbox "use my settings for this device". I could then
highlight the profile and click Remove.

I don't know what it will do to the system, but it fixes the yellow
background.

Note, after the profile is deleted, by clicking the "profiles" button then
selecting "reset my settings to the system defaults" it seems to recreate the
profile, but this time pictures are not yellow (though I have not rebooted
yet to see if that makes a difference).

It is back again today, I recommend deleting the color profile and leaving it
gone.
^I don't know if this would help at all? but I'm going to try it when I get home I guess..

I can post a picture of this when i get home..

Note: Verrry tired.. stayed up all night trying to fix this...who knows what kind of errors are on this post..

Just to clarify, did you mean to say it WAS NOT YELLOW during the installation process, or it was?

Try a different video card on the same monitor, then try a different monitor on the original video card, then try replacing both to pinpoint the issue.

Have you registered your copy of Vista?

It was yellow during installation..

I hooked both monitors up to 2 different computers both worked fine.

I can't replace both my monitors?? I know they work..

I don't have another Video card...

I have not registered windows

My PC has never been connected to the internet... will try to do that tonight.

Just to clarify, did you mean to say it WAS NOT YELLOW during the installation process, or it was?

Try a different video card on the same monitor, then try a different monitor on the original video card, then try replacing both to pinpoint the issue.

Have you registered your copy of Vista?

It sounds that you have the monitor it's self set incorrectly, did you try adjusting the settings.

Well if it is a new install (less than 30 days) i doubt the activation has anything to do with in, especially since it was yellow during the installation. Since you've ruled out the monitor it would have to be your video card OR the video port on your MB. Try borrowing a video card from someone (as long as it is Vista compatable 128 mb, wddm, etc).

My edumicated guess is the video card.

I have tried both monitors and they all work fine except on that computer.

and I haven't really tried changing the settings.. but I really don't think it is the monitors..

When I get home I'll try everything I and anyone else can possibly think of..

It sounds that you have the monitor it's self set incorrectly, did you try adjusting the settings.

I don't know anyone I could ask to borrow a video card..

By video port you mean onboard? 780i doesn't have onboard..

Well if it is a new install (less than 30 days) i doubt the activation has anything to do with in, especially since it was yellow during the installation. Since you've ruled out the monitor it would have to be your video card OR the video port on your MB. Try borrowing a video card from someone (as long as it is Vista compatable 128 mb, wddm, etc).

My edumicated guess is the video card.

Then purchase a cheap used one. Or just use that video card in anothe computer and see if you get the same effect. Take it to a repair shop and see if the can test it for you in one of their test systems - may cost you 20 or 30 bucks just for that test but at least you won't have to drop 50 or 100 bucks on a new video card.

I guess I will try that video card in my Compaq? lol I think 450W could hold it for a while..

and when I post a picture tonight I think that will determine alot..

Then purchase a cheap used one. Or just use that video card in anothe computer and see if you get the same effect. Take it to a repair shop and see if the can test it for you in one of their test systems - may cost you 20 or 30 bucks just for that test but at least you won't have to drop 50 or 100 bucks on a new video card.

Read this: Will check cables again tonight:

Yup, probably a bad cable or connector either on the monitor, or possibly the video card. When everything turns yellowish, that means there's a problem with the B-lue signal in the R-G-B color signal. You may have to replace the cable, or possibly just the HD-15 pin connector. You might be able to get replacements from Radio $$$hack, but lately they've morphed into a cell phone outlet and don't carry nearly as many electronics components as they used to. Are you good with a soldering iron?
Also read this: Monitor displaying yellow tint

I'll get home @ 4pm eastern time and see what I come up with..

Were the cables plugged in firmly? I know it sounds like a stupid question but my monitors in my office do the same thing and i have to play around with the cords for some reason to get em to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom