Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying by that. The onlyoption is if you think it aint locked down give me the error code that shows up on the BSOD and i will see what i can come up with for an answer. It should have some kinda stop error message. If not then most likely it was blacklisted. I had that issue with Beta 1 once when i forgot to activate it. I can only help if i know the error code.

Alright after a bit of research it is a NTFS file error."This issue can occur if a problem occurred within the Ntfs.sys file. The Ntfs.sys file is the driver file that enables your computer to read and write to NTFS partitions. Damage in the NTFS file system, damaged portions of your hard disk, or damaged SCSI or IDE drivers can also cause this issue."If your system partition is using the NTFS file system, it is possible that the system partition is corrupted and is causing the "stop 0x24" error message.

That is all i caould find. So i think you are stuck trying to re-install Vista.

use powermax to delete the drive. it will clean any trace of the computer getting locked if that is what happen to it

Would that matter Eric I thought they hardware signatures where sent to MS and then when you activate it they will lock you out if you cheated or they mistook you for cheating.

True that when you activate it does look at your hardware config but it also goes by registry keys also. So if this is a legit key, as it sounds like it is, it wouldnt matter. Since Vista is in beta stages many people have had to format and re-install. There is no limit on how many times you can install Vista. Unlike XP were you get the 3 time max then have the problems with calling M$. I had to re-install Vista 5 times with Beta 1 since it got corrupted or crashed so bad. They wont deactivate it on that aspect. It has more to do now with blacklisted serials than anything else. If you use a blacklisted serial you cant activate but if it is genuine then you can format and install Vista to your hearts content and not have a problem.

now this is hypothetical thinking, but if the computer thinks that it is booting into safe mode everytime, there wouldn't be any need to activate so that they can check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom