Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly.... Vista Basic.. heck I can run it no lag on my system... what causes a lot of the Vista lag is the Vista Aero UI

No it doesnt vernong. Cause i run Vista Ultimate on my system with no lag. I have a laptop with Home Premium with specs not much higher than yoru and it runs Aero with no lag. Aero is NOT the cause of lag. DWM which is Aero uses less than explorer or any browser. So PLEASE can we stop saying Aero is the root of all evil in Vista?

855255.jpg

See there is a shot of DWM taking less than several other processes. Plus dont bother asking How can i be running 70 processes. I have not and will not be optimizing my Vista install. I dont need to as it runs jsut fine with what i have.

Hey guys, i was at the AMD/Microsoft Powertogether tour today and the guy from microsoft said the the Vista SP1 is gonna be a rollup, so nothing new.

He was like, people shouldnt wait for the sp1, because as the days go by, the updates that coming right now are part of the sp1, so sp1 isnt gonna be anything new and fancy, its just a rollup.
and btw, that event was awesome, my gf won the vista ulimate oem version!!!

Vista SP1 does have 2 new features. At least that i can think of off the top of my head. The search feature is gone from the start menu. The kernel is updated to 6.1 to match Server 2008. So the guy was a tad wrong. But all the hotfixes are available.

my roommate got a Dell computer recently with Vista Home Premium, and its running without lag- I forget what it's called but the "protection and prevention" verification to do everything (delete objects... move them.. install... ) gets rather annoying.. and I see where people said that they just get used to hitting the "ok" button to move on with it- which will cause problems if something is really malware- you just gave it permission to make babies in your baby. But other then that I have no problems with vista - Iam not sure if the prevention matter will be addressed in the SP- making it more intelligent then asking EVERY time you do ANYTHING (and asking 2-3 times if your sure you want to delete a file) but since I won't be buying anytime soon I really don't need to worry on it. lol. I guess lack of budget is good for some things...

hm? I disabled that crap. now I only get the usual 'are you sure you want to delete this?'

Ask me if i want to move something. honestly now. if im not second guessing myself over something, like I want my OS to do it lol.

I'm lookin around for it right now but I don't even know where to find it now lol

And aero laagged the crap out of me. but im runnign 1GB pc3200 ram lmao. i think thats below vista standards.

Runs smooth as silk without aero tho

Start>Control Panel>USer Accounts>*Your Account NAme*>Disable User Account Control. That will get rid fo teh annoying prompts for you. ;)

its not really mine to modify lol but when i get vista those will probably be the first thing to go.

oh and the 1gb RAM laggin- yea.. even vista Basic lags on 1 gig >.< I think vista uses some 60% of your Ram if you only have 1 gig in... not much left for the rest of your work.

mine,however, will have 4gb... aint no stoppin my looks and games.

Vista Basic doesnt lag on 1GB. My laptop run Vista basic on 1GB just fine. It also doesnt use 60%. My laptop has about 40% used. Granted that is still a lot. But it is 60%.

If you want 4GB you will HAVE to get 64Bit. Search the forums you will see that 32Bit does NOT recognize anything more than 3-3.5 GB of RAM. This is a constrant of 32 Bit systems.

my step fathers laptop has 1gb ram and it doesn't lag. C2D 1.6 and 2x512mb DDR2...and it's running Vista Home Premium with Aero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom