Windows stuck at boot screen....Wait, not the same as others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Row

In Runtime
First of all, yes I have googled the issue, but I really can't find anything which is the same as this.

So today, windows kept crashing when I tried to go to my computer, a window would open, it would fill with a greyish colour, and then stop responding (I had to close it with task manager).
Then a little later, my iTunes stopped working. I tried to play a song, but the although the button changed to pause (as oppose to play) no sound came out, and the track didn't progress (in the bar that shows the songs progress).
I rebooted and this occured.

(Above is all context, I haven't a clue if it is related to the problem at hand)

When rebooting, the computer just lingered at the boot screen, for aaaages. I rebooted again a little later, and when I came back, it looked like it had booted up, it was showing my wallpaper, but nothing else, no icons, no start bar.

Following this I tried booting in safe mode, last known configuration, nothing worked.
I then decided to to do a reparitive installing of XP, after booting with the disc, it went to the blue screen, where your options (format, install etc.) should display, but they didn't come up. It just stayed blue, saying 'Setup is starting windows' at the bottom, also there is no sound coming from the computer, I can hear the clicking as the processer does it's work, or the disc spinning.
Now, I have no idea what to do.
I don't mind doing a reboot, all my important files are backed up, and my music is on another drive, but I don't see how I would go about this now.

Help would extremely appreciated.

P.S. In case the hardrive is corrupted or it does need to be formatted, would it be possible to boot up with a knoppix disc, to get some files off?

It could be your power supple is dying. It could be that your hard drive is dying. It could be your CD ROM drives are dying. Best bet remove all things but your hard drive and video stuff. Then see if you can get anywhere. Then one by one add them back. See if you can spot ht ebad piece of ahrdware that is stoppign this from loading.

It could also be driver related. But since you siad your tried Safe Mode i dont htink that is the issue.

I'm a noob, I'm a noob, I'm a noob, I'm a noob, .

My brother came in, took out an SD card I had plugged int#, and it booted....
I guess it was trying to boot off of that.
*slaps forehead*

I'm a noob, I'm a noob, I'm a noob, I'm a noob, .

My brother came in, took out an SD card I had plugged int#, and it booted....
I guess it was trying to boot off of that.
*slaps forehead*

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us =P.

Well glad it is working. Dont worry. I would probably do the same thign even with my 15+ years of experience. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom