Windows Media Player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabou

Solid State Member
hi all..i just reloaded my system this past weekend, and put WMP 10 on again...i have this problem when i load up a video the screen goes green and slows down. The first video is fine, but if i load another video after forget it...anyone know if this is a bug? ive tried fooling around with the performance settings but cant get it to work...i have checked for spyware and adware and viruses.. all clean...anyone have a clue? or has this happened to anyone else?

OS Windows XP Home
Asus A8V Deluxe
AMD 3.5 64 bit
1gig 3200pc 400mhz
80 gig Maxtor
nVidia 5200 128mb
Direct X 9c
Antec 350 watt PS

Thanks for any help!!!

Q: I'm having video problems (such as green or pink lines on the video, choppy video, player hangs when playing video, and et cetera).
A: Check for video card driver updates from your vendor, and/or DirectX updates from WindowsUpdate.
If that doesn't help, turn down your hardware acceleration. If you're using WMP6 (mplayer2.exe): Open WMP's View:Options menu dialog. You'll see a slider there for "Hardware acceleration". Turning this down to None often works around whatever driver bug is creating your issue (and sometimes turning it up helps too). If you're using WMP7 or newer: Open WMP's Tools:Options:performance:Advanced menu dialog. First try turning off overlays, and then if that does not help, turn off the Video Mixing Renderer.
Some people have also pointed out that unchecking "Start player in Media Guide" in WMP's Tools:Options menu dialog gets a video issue resolved, oddly enough.
If NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing is turned on, that can also cause performance problems.
Note that on Windows .Net Server, video hardware acceleration is turned off by default (since it's not beneficial to server performance). Thus video performance will suck. If you want to be using a .Net Server box as a player box(?), you'd need to turn system wide video hardware acceleration up. You can do this via right clicking on the desktop, choose Properties:Settings:Advanced:Troubleshooting and move the acceleration slider all the way to the right. You will also want to turn on DirectDraw - go to the Windows Start button, then at the Run prompt, enter 'Dxdiag'. Click on Display. Click on Enable DirectDraw if present.
If you're having problems staying in full screen mode, you should verify that your screen saver isn't knocking you out of full screen, and check whether turning off WMP's Tools:Options:performance:Advanced : Enable Full Screen Mode Switch helps.

The full screen controls (on Windows XP and newer) will go away once you stop moving the mouse and the mouse cursor is not hovering over the controls. If you want 'em to go away faster, either uncheck WMP's Tools:Options:performance:Advanced "Display full-screen controls" or get the TweakMP Power toy from WMPlugins.com and use that to tweak the settings as you would like 'em.

Also, using Google Groups, Click Here, if that didn't work above...there are lots of people with that problem, though it seems to be mainly from years ago.
:cool: Good luck!

quote from
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#vdriver

here is the picture...hope this helps

Attachments

• medpl2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
i think i got it worked out..i updated video drivers...system seems stable with them....no more green screen, but a lil choppy...think i can work it out in the performance settings...thanx for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom